Q: Driver's side back-up light keeps blowing out

My driver's side back-up light keeps blowing out. Do you know what the problem might be? Is it electronic problem somewhere like bad fuse?

A: Since it is only the driver's side and ...

Since it is only the driver's side and not the passenger's side, it is obviously the short either in the socket or in the wiring that goes to it. Because if it was a back-up light switch for example, then both back-up lights would go out and not just one. So what you want to do is first look at the socket. A lot of times, something cracks, water intrudes, and they corrode.

If so, then you've got to go buy a new socket assembly and replace it. Look at the wires and make sure there is no corrosion, especially the ground wire that bolts to the body of the vehicle. A lot of times those things get dirty, rusty, then overheat and short out. Check all of that first. And if you want to have this done for you, consider YourMechanic. They will be able to inspect the electric circuitry for your back-up light and make the proper repairs.