Q: Door handle not working and door loose.

The driver's side door handle not working and the door is loose.

Unfortunately with the little information provided, it is difficult to diagnose exactly what is causing your door handle to stop working and your door to feel loose. Touching upon the door handle first, your Buick Rainier is equipped with plastic door handles that are a known to break over time. These plastic handles are known to fail and when they finally start to, your Buick’s handles will typically become loose, fail to open and eventually they can become so loose, they hang off the door. Now if you are also experiencing your entire door feeling loose, this is not tied to the door handle but instead the door hinges need to be inspected. It is important to have the doors inspected first by a certified mechanic to ensure that your door handle and door are safe to be on the road.

3. Door handle not working and door loose.