Q: Does the mis fire in banck 1,2,3,4 caused by the o2 sensore

I have Ford wind star and after being a ruff engine for almost a year they told me that the car need O2 sensor, because the mechanic diagnosed the car and the code is for BANCK1,2,3,4 misfire. so what is your suggestion?

This my email sadaqa_m@yahoo.com you can contact me if that's ok

Oxygen sensors are located in the exhaust system near the catalytic converters. Their function is to read the unburned air and fuel amounts in the exhaust. Using those readings - as well as input from other sensors - , the engine control unit will adjust the amount of fuel being injected into the engine. If the oxygen sensor is not reading correctly, it is possible that the air/fuel mixture will not be correct. A fuel mixture that is either too lean (not enough fuel) or too rich (too much fuel) can cause misfires. Before the oxygen sensors are condemned as the direct cause, things like spark plugs, ignition coils, and fuel injectors should be checked to be sure one of them are not the cause of misfires and the oxygen sensors are picking up the incorrect air/fuel ratio in the exhaust and setting the codes.