Q: Does a 2014 Lexus RX 350 need to have a service of new cabin air filter and engine air filter at 17,000 miles

I had my last tire rotation March, 2016 at 12,000 miles and now have 17,000 miles. Do I need to schedule a tire rotation at this time? The service department also said I haven't had the cabin air filter or engine air filter replaced yet and should do so at this time. Is that necessary at 17,000 miles and if so what should the cost of service be?

Hi there. If you regularly park your car under a tree or near bushes, or live in desert areas the cabin air filter(s) will likely suck up debris and leaves, becoming dirtier, faster. It’s recommended to have this component replaced every 30,000 miles or every two years. The tires should be rotated every 5,000 miles - regardless of age; to ensure proper wear. If your dealership offers that service FREE, i’d take advantage of the tire rotation. If you’re a Costco member, they can complete the rotation as well for no charge. One of our [mobile mechanics can come to your location and complete the cabin air filter replacement if you’d like.

• Does a 2014 Lexus RX 350 need to have a service of new cabin air filter and engine air filter at 17,000 miles