Q: Do I replace the lower radiator hose when installing a new radiator?

Does a new radiator have the same twist and pull mechanism that the lower radiator hose has

The lower radiator hose should be able to be removed by releasing the tab on the bottom of fitting and rotating the hose connection 45 degrees then pulling the hose off of the radiator connection. Once the hose is removed then inspect the inside of the hose to see if it has any visual damage to the connection. Once it is checked to be okay then you can remove and replace the radiator. The new radiator should be the same design. Once the radiator is reinstalled lubricate the lower radiator connection O-rings with a silicone lube. Then connect the lower hose and make sure lock tab engages and finish radiator installation.

• Do I replace the lower radiator hose when installing a new radiator?