Q: disarming alarm causing car not to start

I bought a used car, drove it, parked it,& went to start it,& it has an alarm that caused car not to start. Guy said he had no idea about it.

Hello, thank you for writing in. We are assuming that the security system on the vehicle is factory stock. The security system may be having an issue recognizing the key you have. This happens when part of the key fob is damaged or the chip inside loses its programming. Its hard to say what causes this as there are so many variables when it comes to used cars. With that being said, you may be able to get away with going to a manufacture authorized technician who can reprogram the key. Worst case scenario, you will have to replace the key altogether. Unfortunately, there is no factory reset for this system. For more diagnostic help to make sure the key is the issue, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. disarming alarm causing car not to start