Q: Dim high beams; low beams only shine 60-70 feet

I need some solutions to the headlight problems in my truck. They are about 50% less effective than past GM trucks I've had. The high beams should not be this weak and dim. I can't see with them, down the road. The low beams are rather useless and very dangerous because they absolutely and completely cut off around 60-70 feet. Plus, when I change to the low beams from the high beams, there is immediate overdriving of the lights. I live in the country where there are unlighted roads, plus we have a lot of large animals like deer and moose that enter the road. It is extremely dangerous not to be able to see them. Is there a solution for my make/model headlight dimness?

With this being a new 2016 Chevrolet Silverado 2500, if the mileage is still low enough to be under the manufacturer’s warranty you may want to have the dealership look at it to make sure there is not an issue with lighting system. It is possible the vehicle may be still be in transport mode causing a reduced lighting functionality. If you’d rather have an independent technician take a look, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose and repair your headlight issues.