Q: Difficulty starting

When temperature drops below freezing, car will not fire up....after key is left on for 10 miles mutes, it fires right up....what needs to be fixed/replaced?

Hello there:

If you’re having difficulty starting your 97 Honda when it’s extremely cold outside, it’s usually due to fuel not being inside the fuel injectors. When it gets really cold outside, fuel will return to the tank; causing the vehicle to have difficulty starting since it needs fuel pressure in order to start easily. This is often caused by clogged and dirty fuel injectors that need to be cleaned or the throttle body or idle control valve having some issues as well. When the engine warms up, fuel delivery issues are not as noticeable. It could also be caused by moisture or condensation inside the distributor due to the excessive cold. The best way to know for certain is to have a professional mobile mechanic complete a car is hard to start inspection.