Q: Delay starting won't start

I was working on my mom’s car the other day and noticed when starting it there was a delay each time. It happened when I would turn the key, and for a second or two there was a pause. Then it started fine. I took mom on a 40 mile drive after that, and it made a loud noise similar to when your bearings are going out, but a different noise for sure. It sounded like grinding and hitting. I started the car and stopped it for a few times, and it had the same delay each time. The next day I went out to work on the car again, but it didn't start at all. I even tried charging it on a charger and nothing. Do you know what’s wrong? How can it be fixed?

Hey there, there are many different problems can cause a no start condition like this on your 2000 Plymouth Breeze. The most likely culprits would be the battery, starter, fuel pump, battery cable, ignition switch, fuel filter, or a wiring fault. Without knowing what repairs were performed I can’t give a more specific answer. A mistake could have been made while trying to fix the car or one of the components may have gone faulty. I would have a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, diagnose the grinding noise and the no-start in person in order to have the correct repairs made.

3. Delay starting won't start