Q: Dan, Need to know the following estimates on when to replace Drive Belt and Brake Fluid

Toyota Service just hit me with a drive belt replacement and brake fluid replacement at 70K miles. Wanted to know if these are reasonable repairs at this low mileage. Expected the drive belt to be replaced at 90K not 70K.

For the 2012 4Runner, based on the normal service maintenance schedule Toyota recommends that the brake fluid be replaced every 30,000 miles. Modern serpentine belts are generally good for at least 100,000 miles. Toyota does not have a replacement recommendation for the serpentine belt. Rather, Toyota states that the belt be first inspected at 60,000 miles and then re-inspected every 30,000 miles thereafter. Replacement of the belt would be determined on the basis of these inspections but generally 100,000 miles is a prudent interval at which to replace the belt. If you desire any of these maintenance services please set it up via YourMechanic’s convenient web-inquiry form. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. Dan, Need to know the following estimates on when to replace Drive Belt and Brake Fluid