Q: Cylinder Misfire, coil and gasket replacement needed

asked by on March 24, 2018

A few months ago my car starting shaking really hard while I was driving on the highway. I took it to autozone and they told me a cylinder was misfiring. They didn't tell me any specifics so before I blindly started replacing parts I decided to take it to the Nissan dealer I got it from. After they ran a thorough diagnostics they said they found a P0300. Found constant misfires on cylinder 3 and 4. Found a coil melted in tube and broken off arcing. And oil filled cylinder 1. They told me to get new coils, spark plugs, valve cover and gasket. I've been buying all the parts to begin working on it, but when I went to look up the gasket I should be replacing I found a whole lot of different options. So is there a specific name for the gasket and valve cover I need to replace?

Valve Cover Gasket Replacement $101.41 - $1072.10 Get a Quote

The valve cover gasket that you need is Nissan part no. 13270JA00A. The valve cover itself is part number 13264JA00A. You will need a new PCV valve for the valve cover (118106N202) and a new PCV grommet (118126N200). If the four spark plug tubes are not included with the valve cover you will need to order 4 tubes (four of part no. 1109553Y0A). You will need a calibrated inch pound torque wrench. If you do not install the components using the torque wrench, according to the instructions in the Factory Service Manual, the assembly could leak. All of the aforementioned Nissan parts can be ordered on line or if you request service from YourMechanic, the mechanic will procure the parts. If you desire that all components, including the plugs, coils, valve cover, etc. be installed by a certified mechanic right at your location, please request valve cover service and the mechanic will perform this repair and then check to see that the misfiring is resolved. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr