Q: Cutting out stalling skips

My Frontier’s engine keeps skipping and cuts out for as long as 3 seconds while driving from 50 - 70 mph. The truck will jerk hard when it skips. It runs smoothing while idling from an idle speed to 2700 rpm. The repair shop couldn't find anything wrong when I took it there. Then I had to have it towed to the repair shop a few days later. Can you help? Do you have any ideas?

That sounds like your truck has a misfire. I hope someone has used a scan tool to check for diagnostic trouble codes and followed up on those results. If the spark plugs have been checked/replaced (and same with spark plug wires), I am suspecting the EGR system. The EGR valve can fail or get sticky. Some EGR passages can get clogged with carbon, sending too much EGR to another cylinder causing it to misfire. If you want to have the stalling issue diagnosed and repaired, a professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to service your 2004 Nissan Pickup.