Q: Crankshaft sensors

Can the ecm on a 2004 Impala pull up a p0336 code when it gets hot I have replaced both crankshaft sensors and cam sensor and it's still pulling up the p0336 code and it's hard to start when it's been running for a while

If you have replaced all the sensors involved, then you may have a problem inside the ignition module or the secondary ignition like the coil or plug wires could be arching to the engine harness causing a voltage spike. The code is generated when the ECM sees a difference in readings from the two crankshaft sensors in two drive cycles.

If there are no problems with the sensors, then there may be problems in the ignition module circuit from the crank sensor on the side of the engine or the other crank sensor to the ECM. My recommendation is to test the ignition wires to see if they are arching and make sure they are in all the correct wire holders and not all laying over the engine wire harness. Even if the wires are new but laying on a harness they will cause voltage interference. Also check the coils to make sure there is no arching or problems with the coils. However, I see this as mainly a wiring issue. If you want to have to have this checked, a technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the Check Engine code and let you know what needs to be repaired.