Q: Crankshaft Position Sensor fault

Scan tool reads P0336 on Nissan Navara D40 (2010). I replaced the crankshaft position sensor but the fault persists. Odomter reading is 298,700 Km

Hi there:

The P-0336 OBD-II trouble code indicates that the “A” circuit of the crankshaft position sensor has a range/performance error. Although many mechanics often assume it’s the crankshaft position sensor itself that is the source of the fault, the reality is that it could be short in the electrical harness connected to this component or the camshaft position sensor as well. You might want to check out all these components, clear the codes and see if they come up again. If they do, contact a professional mechanic to help you diagnose and repair your Nissan.