Q: Crank no start - 2004 Nissan Altima

I'm having trouble starting my Nissan Altima 2004 it cranks but want start I've change the can shaft as well as spark plugs in battery in still does the same thing

Hello. Let’s start with the basics: is the Check Engine light on, see what problem codes are set? The codes are your friend and this will make diagnosis much easier. Do you have spark at the spark plugs while cranking? If not, ignition components such as the crankshaft position sensor, ignition pickup and/or control module, or coils can be the cause.

If you have spark, do you hear the fuel pump run when you turn the key to the "Run" position? If not check the fuse and relay for the fuel pump.

If spritzing a bit of starter fluid into the air intake, then cranking produces a momentary engine start, then fuel supply is the issue. If you would like some help having this all checked, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your location to inspect the starting issue and follow through with repairs.

3. Crank no start - 2004 Nissan Altima