Q: Coolant temps get really high but cool down really fast

With normal driving the coolant temps get really high but seem to cool down fast also. Once they cool temps seem to fluctuate a lot between 170 and 210. I have already replaced the coolant and t stat and checked for a blown head gasket.

This is may be a failing coolant fan switch. Try checking the coolant fan thermostat switch to be sure I is coming on at the right temperatures. You may also need to have the fan speed checked t be sure it is operating at the proper RPM’s according to engine RPM’s. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose this and possibly repair coolant fan switch.