Q: Code specific.

check engine light on. Both midas and auto zone gave a code reading P0456 and P0441. Emission system leak detected. (very small one) Is this fix expenisve?

Hi there. The P0456 is an OBD-II generic code that the engine control module (ECM) has detected a very small leak in the evaporative system during the vehicle off testing. The test has to fail twice in a row to cause the code to be activated by the ECM. The ECM has commanded the purge control valve to close the system and activates the evaporative vacuum pump to bring the system into a small amount of specified vacuum and then monitors the system for leaks. If the system detects a very small leak during the test then the ECM stores the code and waits till a second test can be done and if that test detects a very small leak then the ECM stores the code P0456 and turns on the check engine light. In regards to the cost of repair, it depends on what specifically is damaged and causing the code. You might want to have a professional mobile mechanic complete a check engine light inspection so they can pinpoint the source of the problem.