Q: Code P0441 pops up

Hello. I was reading the article about code P0441 and symptoms included check engine light and a gas smell. Well as soon as I got the light I started smelling gas. Does that mean I have a bad hose or bad Evap system entirely. Thanks a lot

A: Trouble code P0441 only means you have a le...

Trouble code P0441 only means you have a leak in the vapor EVAP system and a proper diagnoses is needed to see where the problem is. A leaking hose, purge valve, or even gas cap can cause the code.

A smoke test should be performed by mechanic who will put smoke into the fuel tank and see where the smoke comes out. This will reveal where the leak is and then a fix can be made. The fuel cap can also be tested to see if it holds pressure during the test.

I'd suggest you get the car inspected by a certified mechanic who can help you diagnose your Check Engine Light and the other symptoms you've described. The mechanic can then perform the necessary repairs once the issues have been pinpointed.