Q: Clutch less effective over time

I have difficulty trying to engage the clutch in my car. as time passes, the clutch becomes less effective, until pushing it has no effect. If I let it sit for about 30 minutes, the clutch will work again for a while.

A: Hello, it sounds like you either have a fai...

Hello, it sounds like you either have a failing clutch disc or a failure in the hydraulic system. Most of the time, if it gets worse as the engine gets hot it is becuase the clutch needs to be replaced. A mechanic would start by checking the pressure and movement of the hydraulic system. If that is functioning fine then the clutch need to be worked on. I would have a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, inspect your engine’s clutch to determine what repairs are needed.