Q: Chrysler crisis

I was driving the car and the battery light came on died. Towed car replaced. altetnator. Said it.was.fried and new alternator wouldnt hold 12 volts on the back if it but battery light still on. Told to get another computer, replaced computer alternator and battery and still have same.issues.

A: Hello. If the vehicle is not running (perha...

Hello. If the vehicle is not running (perhaps starting system is working but engine does not run?), you would appear to have an electrical fault.

Diagnosis of the electrical fault would start with the ignition system and move from there. If the engine does run but the battery/charge light is still on, there is something wrong with the charging system or circuit.

In either case, YourMechanic is well equipped to resolve the issue and will be pleased to diagnose the Battery Light and repair it for you, at your home or office.