Q: Check Engine Light P0430

I just bought this car a few days ago from a used car finance place. They have done some work to it before I bought it. I took the car to a mechanic and he found that there was a nut missing and another loose nut on the rear exhaust manifold. A few day later my check engine light came on. A p0430 code came up ( that was the only one) now my question is can the fact that the nuts are missing and another one is loose cause the check engine light to come on and also be the reason for that p0430 code? Please help I need a little peace of mind

Hi there. There may be two possibilities here for the P0430 code. The fact that the new bolts were installed can cause the computer to read differently so it may just need to adapt and reset. It is also possible that the seller removed these to allow for a small exhaust leak which could have helped it to pass emissions. At this point the oxygen sensor readings need to be checked to know for sure as it may need a catalytic converter. If you need to have this looked at by another technician, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the code and advise you on any actions needed.