Q: Check engine light on

So I went and got my tucked checked and it was showing p0430 and I took it to a muffler show a while back and he said it has nothing to do which there work it's something else I had my truck straight piped then the light went off and I forgot about it then just yesterday light came on auto zone and pep boys both told me the code is p0430 but firestone said it's something with the cac or something

The most common causes of Diagnostic trouble code P0430 setting are a faulty catalytic converter, engine misfire, fuel injector leakage, engine mechanical damage, faulty oxygen sensor outputs and exhaust leaks. Additionally, in your circumstance, malfunctions in the charge air cooler (CAC) may be implicated in code P0430. On August 8, 2013, Ford published Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) 13-8-1 discussing a circumstance where some 2011-2012 F-150 trucks equipped with a 3.5L gasoline turbocharged direct injection (GTDI) Ecoboost engine may exhibit an intermittent stumble and/or misfire on hard acceleration after an extended drive at highway speeds during high humidity or damp conditions. This may result in either a steady or flashing malfunction indicator lamp (MIL). Diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs) P0304, P0305, P0306, or P0430 may also be present. Evidence of misfire may be available in Misfire Freeze Frame Data even with no active DTCs. The Ford TSB is too lengthy to reproduce here but the diagnostic steps set forth in the TSB can performed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location. If you desire that, please request a check engine light diagnostic, code P0430, TSB 13-8-1 and the responding certified mechanic will get this investigated and resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. Check engine light on