Q: Check engine light is on.

hi, i got a light that reports waste valve replacement. however, the audi service center is telling me they have to replace the wh

Hi there. Check the wastegate on the engine and see if its opening when the engine is throttling and letting off the throttle. If the wastegate is not moving, then check the hose to the wastegate and see if its split. If the line is not split, then the wastegate would need to be replaced. If you need further assistance with your wastegate not working properly, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Check engine light is on.