Q: Check engine light--Bank1 Catalytic Converter code

I just had my truck pass inspection on December 29th. Two days ago the check engine came on. The code indicates catalytic converter. Can there be anything else going on. Considering that it did just pass inspection?

Hi There, Your vehicle may have passed the emissions test just before encountering issues with the catalytic converter. The other possibility you may want to check might be the Oxygen sensors which monitor the exhaust gases going into and coming out of the catalytic converter. As you may know the [oxygen sensors]((https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/oxygen-sensor-replacement) which are part of your emissions system read exhaust gases to determine whether or not the appropriate amount of oxygen is present in the exhaust. Based upon this reading, this information is relayed to the car’s ECU which then makes a determination as to whether or not to add more or less fuel to the engine. When too much or too little oxygen is present, this will cause check engine light to come on. Too much oxygen may be present in the exhaust gas due to things like an exhaust leak, a vacuum leak, a faulty mass air flow sensor (causing a lean fuel condition) or faulty fuel injectors. Too little oxygen may be present in the exhaust gas may be caused by things like a clogged air filter, a failing mass air flow sensor (causing too much fuel to be introduced to the motor), bad fuel injectors or a clogged catalytic converter. When the O2 sensor is not working properly, this will cause false readings to be relayed to the computer causing inaccurate adjustments to be made to the intake and fuel system in your engine. I would suggest having an expert from Your Mechanic come to your home to diagnose your emissions system.