Q: Check engine light and gauge went to "H"

Hi, ok about 2 weeks ago I had a new distributor put in , driving home from thr mechanic 2 days later my check engine light came on. But before I brang it to get fixed thr check engine light was off. Now today October 4th, driving home I noticed my gauge was going to "h" . My question is did my mechanic mess up my car even more thrn it was. Seems my car isn't good as it should be .after paying all this money for thr new spark plugs and distributor. Can you help please cause I'm very upset. Thank you Lynne

Assuming you are referring to the temperature gauge when you say it went to "H", this would suggest that you have a cooling problem. This is unrelated to the functionality of the spark plugs and the distributor. The overheating issue may be caused by a bad thermostat, cooling fan relays, a clogged radiator, leaking coolant or potentially a blown head gasket. You may want to take the car back in order to ask for an explanation of what was done and why. Explain the current driving conditions and have them check the work. If you would like to have another mechanic inspect the car, a certified professional from YourMechanic can diagnose the Check Engine Light and the potential overheating problem so that this can be corrected.