Q: Changing coolant on a car

How can I get leaks from changing coolant? I've heard some stories about it.

A: There is always a bottom radiator hose. Tak...

There is always a bottom radiator hose. Take the bottom radiator hose off because the coolant has to come in one part and go out another. It's all going to float on the bottom anyways. If the bottom is a little bit higher, you can just take off the top and the bottom of the radiator hose and then get a bicycle pump or any kind of air pump to pump the air on the top radiator where you took the hose off. This will push everything from the bottom of the radiator so you can easily drain it that way. I've done that once and if they've stuck the part way up, you'd want to drain the whole radiator. If you need help flushing the radiator or changing the coolant, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to service your car.