Q: Changed camshaft position sensor, can still slows down when I'm driving when I don't intend to.

Replaced the camshaft position sensor since it was was not working right on my Suburban because my speed would decrease by itself drove, so I went and bought the part changed it and I made it far this time but after a bit it still started to decrease my speed

Hi, thanks for writing in. This may be related to a fuel delivery issue. As you may know, the camshaft position sensor monitors camshaft speed to control ignition timing and proper fuel delivery, however there are many other components that contribute to fuel supply to the motor. The mass airflow sensor is a very commonly known part to cause this type of problem when it is dirty or faulty. This regulates air intake into the motor as it is mixed with fuel before it goes into the motor. When this is not working properly, this will cause an imbalanced load of fuel and air to be injected into the engine cause the motor to have either too much fuel or not enough. When this happens you will notice the engine slowing down as you have experienced. I would recommend having an expert from Your Mechanic come to your home to diagnose and repair.

If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.

3. Changed camshaft position sensor, can still slows down when I'm driving when I don't intend to.