Q: Celica 190 vvtli Not turning over

Hi. I hit a pot hole. Next morning car has a knocking which seems to be coming from top of engine. It got louder when idle.also a slight quiet misfire when idle a couple of times. 2 miles up the road the car cuts out and wont restart. There was also a fuelly smell when I got out of car. Ignitions lights come on, radio etc but engine won't catch. Oil is fine also as this is first thing I checked. Any advice appreciated as never had any problems with car until now. Thanks LAINEY

Hello, thank you for writing in. The fuel smell may be coming from several different scenarios. If there is an issue with the ignition system (or spark plugs), then the fuel that is being sent to the engine is not going to be combusted properly leaving fuel behind. You may be having a lack of fuel due to a fuel system malfunction. There may also be a fuel injector that is pumping extra fuel into one of the cylinders. Both of the fuel and spark systems can be tested individually. You will want to test for spark at all cylinders. If the ignition system checks out, you will want to turn to testing for proper fuel pressure. For more diagnostic help, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.