Q: Carburetor issues or fuel system.

I like the 4 cylinder 5 spd gets decent mileage. But the fuel system is not so good. When i start it, it wants to die off the moment i let my foot of the gas pedal making it hard to drive because it has a clutch. I put the choke all the way down and then cranked it. Started right up but wanted to die off after 2 or 3 seconds. I replaced the fuel filter and that did absolutely nothing, i though it might be that because i'm guessing it has 200k because its at 67k but i know it has flipped over a couple times the previous owner also told me that to. I was thinking maybe the ignition ill go test that right now. But i don't know cleaned the spark plugs it has no misfires. Its hard for me to diagnose non electrical issues because i am a training to be a diesel mechanic but this is frustrating. I dumped 1/2 a can of seafoam in each carbuerator jet (because it is an aftermarket weber carb kit) and the other half in the gas tank it was a little better but really no improvements?.

Since you have aftermarket carburetors it could be the carbs or you have a very bad vacuum leak. If it seems to stay running when the choke is pulled out, then you have a vacuum leak under the carbs. Try and see if you hear a vacuum leak while someone keeps it running for you. Check the PCV hose and valve first. If you cannot find the issue then the problem would need to be diagnosed by an experienced mechanic. I would suggest having a certified mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, come by and diagnose why your car starts and then dies.