Q: Car would self stall even in neutral

So my car was fine one evening then the next day it was really julty when the revs were under 2000, and the it got the loint where the needle would keep bouncing with no acceceleration used, then it got worse and would just stall as soo as then engine can on if i didnt give it a load of revs, i took it to the garage witch took 10 to get the issue and they think that it is the time gauge valve, which will need a specist, i cant find any information on the internet the garage says it will cost at least £1000 can you spread some light on how likely this is.

A: The fault codes should be read out to deter...

The fault codes should be read out to determine the exact nature of the fault. I believe the mechanic you consulted was talking about the camshaft timing solenoid. While this could cause a stalling to occur when coming to a stop you would also have all kinds of acceleration issues as well. A logical cause could be dirty or faulty throttle control motor or even a faulty mass air meter. A fault code survey would point to the logical cause of the stalling condition. You may want to consult with a a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who can read the fault and troubleshoot the stalling from there.