Q: Car won't start

A few weeks ago, we tried to start the car, and it wouldn't start. Had it towed to mechanic who replaced the starter, cleaned the contacts on the battery and the car started. Worked for about 1 week, and now it won't start again. When we turn the ignition, the dash lights come on. The interior light works as well, but we get absolute silence from the engine compartment. Ideas on what's wrong?

You may have gotten a defective starter and would need to have power pumped to the starter to make sure it is getting power from the starter relay. If no power is getting to the starter solenoid from the starter relay in the fuse panel in the engine fuse box then you will have to replace the starter relay.