Q: Car won't start

Started off occasionally not starting, sometimes with a couple of tries it would finally start but now, nothing. All of the lights come on, radio comes on, etc. but the starter won't turn, no cranking noise. All of the dashboard lights come on when I turn the key to start but nothing happens. I think it's the starter that needs to be replaced; would you agree?

A: In order to know what is causing the no sta...

In order to know what is causing the no start you should first try to put the transmission in neutral and see if the engine cranks. If it does then the neutral safety switch may be the cause and need checked to be replaced. If engine still does not crank then you will need to have the starter checked to see if it has battery power to the starter and then gets ignition signal power to the starter. If it does then the starter will need to be replaced.

Recommended services
Get a Quote