Q: Car won't go in drive. I do know oxygen sensor bad

Oxygen sensor bad. Car won't go in drive gear. Someone told me to check gear oil.

Hi, thanks for writing in. I’d be happy to provide my insight. The oxygen sensor should not have anything to do with whether or not the car will go into gear. The oxygen sensor as you may know monitors the exhaust gases as they exit the catalytic converter which relays this info to the computer to make fuel adjustments. When this is not working properly, this can cause a wide variety of issues related to the fuel control and poor performance. But it should not have anything to do with your car not going into gear.

I would recommend having the car computer scanned to diagnose any potential fault codes that may arise due to the car not going into gear. Without additional information on this it may be difficult to diagnose at first. If you’d like, consider having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to scan your car, diagnose any issues, and perform or suggest any necessary repairs.