Q: Car won't drive. 2001 Ford F-150

About a week ago my a/c threw smoke from the vent it smelled pretty musty. So today while driving on the highway I hear a loud bang noise. Car kept driving fine. Pulled over next exit looked at tires and engine and everything looked good. Then I continue driving for another 10miles to my house. When I go back to go to the store I put in drive and car only revs. I tried reversing and only revs. I can drive in gear 2 and car drove well. What can be the issue. Two weeks ago I just had a head gasket job done on this vehicle. Thank you.

A: Hey there. This sounds like a transmission ...

Hey there. This sounds like a transmission problem. You should first check the transmission fluid to make sure it is full and does not have a burnt smell. If it is burnt, then your transmission clutches are bad, and it would need an overhaul or replacement transmission. If you would like to have this checked out by an expert, a certified technician from YourMechanic can inspect the revving issue in person and advise you on the appropriate next steps.