Q: Car will not start

My car worked on Saturday. Then on Sunday, when we went to start it, the car kept rolling over. We checked and changed the starter and the spark plugs checked oil. Now the battery is dying and the battery was fine. It is hard to even get the key to turn in the ignition now when it wasn't hard before. The belt on the car is not worn out and has no tears. We are getting the alternator checked tomorrow at Auto Zone to make sure that it is not that. Is there anything else we need to check or do to try to get it to start?

Hi, thanks for writing in. I would start with testing your battery and alternator with a multi meter. Good batteries hold a charge of 12.6 volts or higher. If the battery is low, try to jump start it. If this starts your vehicle, test your alternator to ensure it is maintaining at least 14 volts. Alternators testing below 14 volts would likely be damaging to your battery. If you need any assistance, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.

3. Car will not start