Q: car will get stuck in 1st gear and will not go in to 2nd until i pull over and let it sit. happens like once a month.

Every now and again my car will not shift out of 1st gear. It will just ride in high rpms and never shift. I can put in reverse, nuetral and such but it will not shift out of first until I get to where im going and let it sit for awhile, happens like once a month. I bought it with 60,000 miles on it and dont think its ever been flushed.

It sounds like you are describing a slipping transmission. A slipping transmission can be caused by a low fluid level or an issue within the transmission. I would start by checking the fluid level of your transmission to make sure it is correct. If the fluid level is low this could be causing the issues you are having. If the fluid level appears to be good but the condition of the fluid is bad, this could also potentially cause this issue. I would recommend having your transmission inspected by a qualified professional to determine the exact cause of this issue.

3. car will get stuck in 1st gear and will not go in to 2nd until i pull over and let it sit. happens like once a month.