Q: car was running fine, now no crank or start. battery is good. what should I be checking.

Car was running with no problems. Shut off for practice tonight, got in to go home and will not start. Had battery tested and its good. I need to know if it could be the starter, or if there are any pattern failures on this car with no crank/no start.

Your Kia has what is known as an electronically controlled charging system which is unlike most vehicles that have an alternator which charges the battery. Your charging system is controlled by the car’s ECM (Electronic Control Module). When the charging function of the ECM fails to work properly, your battery will slowly drain. This is nearly impossible to detect without the use of a scanning tool which will read the fault codes in the ECM to tell you what is wrong. For this, I recommend having a local expert inspect the starting issue firsthand to verify faulty components and perform the correct repairs.

• car was running fine, now no crank or start. battery is good. what should I be checking.