Q: Car was low on oil and the engine locked up while driving.

The car was low on oil and the engine locked up while driving. I got the car towed back to my house and put more oil in it and let it sit overnight. The next morning the car still wouldn't start. Do I need a new engine now?

Hi there:

Oil is essential for keeping all the moving parts "moving" inside a combustion engine. When the oil level is low or pressure is low, it can cause metal parts to create excessive heat or friction. If this occurs, it’s likely that serious damage is created inside the motor; which may be the reason why your Dodge Stratus motor won’t start. Before you decide to scrap the car or take it to a mechanic for repair, contact one of our local mobile mechanics to complete a car is hard to start inspection first; so they can determine what’s wrong with the Stratus.