Q: Car starts but turns off

Car starts Everytime. But idles so low it just shuts off. It'll stay on as long as gas pedal is being pushed. just started doing this. Been given a few options: fuel filter fuel pump ignition or idle cable. Any possibility what the problem might be?

A: In many situations like yours, the first th...

In many situations like yours, the first thing a mechanic will do is compete a diagnostic scan to determine if any error codes are stored in the computer. All of the options you listed are potential sources of the problem. In order to reduce the expense and frustration of trying to pick the exact one, it would be smart to contact on of our local mechanics who can complete a car is idling rough inspection and determine the exact source of the problem and make the repairs for you.