Q: Car starts, but not going sometimes

The car starts, but when you press the gas pedal, sometimes it won't go. It only does this about once or twice a day when I am driving around a lot. When it does this, it sounds pretty bad.

A: It sounds to me like the transmission is no...

It sounds to me like the transmission is not engaging right away. The most common cause for this would be low transmission fluid. I would check it asap, and if it is low, perform a transmission fluid service. More damage can be done by driving with low fluid. If the fluid is ok, further diagnostic will be needed to determine if it is an engine issue, electrical, or the transmission itself. I would suggest having a qualified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, inspect your transmission and figure out why it sometimes fails to engage.