Q: Car started vibrating and the temperature warning light came on coolant and oil are full

My car began vibrating and the temperature warning light came on. I checked the oil and coolant and they were full.

Even with a full cooling system, issues can arise that would cause the temperature warning light to come on. The thermostat is responsible for regulating engine temperature. It remains closed until the engine reaches operating temperature, then opens to allow coolant to flow between the engine and radiator. If the thermostat fails to open, the engine can get too hot and trigger the warning light. The water pump can also be a cause. While not an everyday occurrence, the water pump can separate from the pulley. The water pump can appear to be turning externally but not spinning at all internally and not circulating the coolant through the radiator to be cooled as well. Also, if there are no apparent overheating conditions, the temperature sensor itself may be faulty, triggering false overheat warnings. Have a certified technician look into the cause of the temperature warning light and correct it as soon as possible. Overheating can cause extensive engine damage.

3. Car started vibrating and the temperature warning light came on coolant and oil are full