Q: Car smells of petrol

so i've had a new petrol fitted your supossed to fit if from under the car but was easier to cut a hole under the seat and put it in that way, thats whats been done then its been taped up, but my car is now starting to smell of petrol and i wanna know how to stop this

There a few things that could’ve happened in this scenario. Either you cut the tank or one of the lines when you cut the body out, or you did not seal the pump properly. If you are smelling fumes, remove the cut out plate and start the car to see if you can spot a leak while it’s running. From there you will be able to fix it as needed.

The body would need to be repaired by an auto body mechanic. The tank will need to be removed to make the repairs. I’d suggest getting help from a certified mechanic to help you pinpoint the source of the smell. An accurate repair can then be made once the issue has been pinpointed.