Q: Car shuts off when putting it into drive

My car keeps shutting off. I had the wires and spark plugs replaced. I couldn't get it to start after that, so I had the the coil pack replaced with new one. I managed to start the car after this repair. However, the car now shuts off as soon as I put it in drive. What might be causing this?

Hi there. I would check the crankshaft position sensor and its connector plug. If the tachometer jumps around a bit at idle or low engine speeds, this is another indicator that the CPS is failing or has bad electrical connectivity. A professional mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, can help troubleshoot the stalling issue and replace failing components.

3. Car shuts off when putting it into drive