Q: Car runs for 5 miles and loses power. 1998 Lincoln Navigator

The check engine light is on. The car starts and runs fine for 5 miles Then the oil temperature light and the temperature gauge max out simultaneously and it looses power and barley runs

Hello - first task is to read the problem codes that are turning on the Check Engine light. If the engine is really overheating, the problem could be a stuck closed thermostat, or a blown head gasket. It is also possible the coolant and oil temperature sensors have failed. The problem codes from engine management may also shed some light on which is the real problem. I would recommend a cooling system inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.