Q: Car problem starting.

My car makes a clicking sounds when i try starting it. I have new batteries so i know this is not the problem also my battery has no corrosion. So when i start my car it makes clicking sound and wont start and when i try again it starts up and when i try again it sometimes makes a clicking sound or start. What is the problem?

Hi there:

This may be a sign of a bad starter solenoid. The starter solenoid is located on the starter and has internal electrical contacts that transmit electricity to the starter. When this fails, it may cause a clicking sound and will not allow the starter to engage the flywheel when you turn the key. To determine exactly what’s causing your Tacoma’s starting issues, contact a professional mobile mechanic from YourMechanic.com to complete a car is not starting inspection.

3. Car problem starting.