Q: Car overheats

While snowing the other day i slid off the road into a ditch. While trying to get out something blew out under the hood and a huge cloud if white smoke came out. I got it towed home and it still runs and drives but overheats very quickly. I cant see any coolant leaking and there is still some in the resovoir. Car will quickly overheat within 10 minutes and my heat is blowing out cold air. Dont have money to get it towed to a shop and would rather fix it myself. Any suggestions on what happened.

You blew something out for the coolant system. Depending on the type system you have you may still see coolant in the overflow bottle. One engine cools open radiator to see if the radiator is out of coolant. If it is then try to fill engine with water first to try and find a leak. If cannot find issue then have a mechanic like one from YourMechanic come to you and check the damages for you. Do not drive it when overheating or engine damage will happen.

3. Car overheats