Q: Car not starting just making a grinding noise. Everything powers on and I even tried to jump it and nothing

I tried to jump it and nothing. Everything powers on the headlights don't dim and I tried to jump it. The belt spins when I try to start it and then stops

Hello, thank you for writing in. Due to the fact the belts are turning, it is apparent that the starter is at least attempting to turn over the engine. The starter may not be turning the engine fast enough for it to "catch" (although that is technically not what is happening). The grinding may be coming from worn teeth on the starter gear. When the teeth do not mesh perfectly with the engine, it can slip, create resistance, or any number of situations in between. If the engine is turning over as fast as it normally would, there may be more of a mechanical error with the engine itself. At that point you are looking at a lengthy diagnosis. Only further testing and inspection will tell. For more diagnostic help, contact our service department.

3. Car not starting just making a grinding noise. Everything powers on and I even tried to jump it and nothing