Q: Car not starting after ignition recall fix.

My car will not start. The lights and everything work, but as soon as I try to start it, it clicks, and everything goes dead. It makes a buzzing sound, and after a minute or two the lights, radio, and everything else looks good, until you try to start it and everything goes dead again. I took it to the Chevy dealer recently for an ignition switch recall.

Hello, It sounds like you have a dead battery. The dead battery could just be coincidental. There are two option here for you to use. One is you can jump start the car and take it to an auto parts store to have the battery tested. The second is to get the aid of a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who can test the charging system and check for a draw that could be draining the battery.

3. Car not starting after ignition recall fix.