Q: Car not starting after battery jumping

Trying to jump another car:

car being jumped was off but battery had at least 10v-

• lead connected on my battery and both + and - lead on the other car.

I tried starting my own car, did not turn over but heard a click

still will not turn over and with no other sounds coming from engine, also interior lights will not turn on.

have not checked all fuses

what other reasons could it not be starting?

Based upon what you are describing, it sounds like you may have been missing a cable on your car. You mention having the positive and negative cables connected to the car that is being used to jump your car, but only the positive cable being connected to your car. You would need to have the positive and negative cables connected on both vehicles in order to properly jump your car. Additionally, it sounds like you may have another wiring or connectivity problem since none of the other accessories are coming on. 10 volts is low, but should be enough to at least power things like the radio, interior lights, etc. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. Car not starting after battery jumping