Q: Car makes one click when trying to start. Just changed starter and no change.

asked by on August 30, 2017

Ran through water and stalled. After waiting car started. Then ran through another puddle and stalled again. Car tried cranking then when I turn the key it just makes one click and nothing. All lights work. Battery 1 week old.

Since you have ran through water and stalled the motor you may have sucked in enough water to lock up the motor. Remove all the spark plugs and air filter and try and turn over motor to see if motor is seized or water sprays out of cylinders. You may have engine damage.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr